Project Risk Management
- Course Info
- Course Overview
- Training Benefits
- Recommended For
Duration: 3 Days
Credits: This course qualifies for 24 Contact Hours of formal project management education, satisfying the Project Management Institute PMI-RMP Exam requirement, and 24 Professional Development Units (PDUs) for PMP credential holders under PMI Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR) program Category A..
Strengthen Project Management Through Forward Planning for Threats and Opportunities
Managers are often under pressure to deliver projects on accelerated schedules and to incorporate new technologies and innovations to stay ahead of the competition. These pressures and uncertainties result in adding risk to projects, which is one reason that qualified risk management professionals are now valuable members of project teams.
The Project Risk Management program introduces a well-proven and practical framework for project risk management, all aligned with the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) global standard ‘Practice Standard for Project Risk Management’.
Combined with subject matter discussions, participants will be organized in simulated project teams to work on real-life case studies. Over a series of workshop exercises, the teams will apply a set of practical tools and techniques to develop complete risk management planning deliverables. Participants will be empowered with a set of high-risk management tools, techniques, and practical skills to immediately contribute to their crucial projects on site and back at the office.
At the end of this action-based workshop, participants will be able to:
- Explain project risk-related concepts, terms and principles.
- Use a proven and practical risk management framework aligned to the PMI Practice Standard for Project Risk Management
- Describe how to manage project risk throughout project life cycle by assessing and identifing risks, mitigating threats and capitalizing on opportunities
- Plan contingency strategies, devise fallback plans, identify triggers or early warning signs.
- Monitor and report on risk statues, perform risk re-assessment and audits.
This course is perfect for senior managers, project managers, team leaders, and any other project stakeholders seeking to implement consistent, well-balanced risk management programs in a cost-effective manner, using proven industry techniques.