Business IT Architecture Fundamental (BITAF)
- Course Info
- Course Overview
- Training Benefits
- Recommended For
Duration: 3 Days
Certification: Certificate of Fundamental Understanding in Aligning IT with Business.
Assessment: 20 multiple-choice questions +4 objective questions in 60 minutes. The passing grade is 70%.
Business IT Architecture Fundamentals (BITAF), an Iasa foundation-level course, is one of our most popular, heavily-subscribed courses. The materials covered are based on Iasa’s IT Architecture Body of Knowledge (ITABoK) The ITABok is a public archive of IT Architecture best practices, skills and knowledge developed from the experience of individual and corporate members of Iasa, the world’s largest association of IT Architecture professionals.
In a nutshell, BITAF is akin to Enterprise Architecture for Dummies. Combining the best practices of Architecting Business with IT and Business Requirement Architecture, this course demonstrates the key benefits and strategic values of integrating IT Architecture into a business.
You will be armed with ready answers to such questions: Why do we do the things we do in Business Architecture? What are the benefits? How can IT minimise costs and maximise profits? How to communicate the right business requirements to engage the stakeholders?
A side note on the difference between BITAF and Architecture Core (AC):
Architecture Core (AC) is a more advanced course that takes a more in-depth look at the topics covered in BITAF. From our experience, it is not uncommon for students who skipped BITAF (especially those from a non-technical background) to struggle with certain concepts covered in AC training. Successful prior completion of BITAF is certain to smooth the passage through AC training and the CITA-F exam.
In 3 days you will get well-acquainted with all the important concepts of Business IT integration. Learn their jargon, then fit in and work effectively with Business and IT teams.
Become savvy in Enterprise Architecture with the skill sets to:
- Perform IT Architecture Return on Investment (ITA-ROI) modelling on IT initiatives, which would allow stakeholders to identify, justify and convey positive technology values to the business.
- Maximise business values and profits and productivity with IT, and deliver strategic values to both business operations and stakeholders.
- Understand IT Architecture management structure and how it can be transformed into value-centric initiatives.
- Identify Business IT Architecture best practices that can be effectively adopted into current business practices.
- Match business needs and wants accurately using Business Requirement Architecture, a proven technique for both business and IT teams.
- Produce accurate Business Requirement artefacts for serving as a common communication platform for IT initiatives targeting multiple stakeholders from both business and IT teams.
This course requires no prior knowledge of Enterprise Architecture, so enrol in Business IT Architecture Fundamentals (BITAF) to satisfy your curiosity about Enterprise Architecture or to kick start a career in this field!
More specifically, BITAF is for those who are stakeholders in IT projects/initiatives from both IT and business sides.
- All technology project stakeholders (IT and Business teams).
- Transformation Office team members.
- IT Consultants, Business Consultants.
- Those involved in preparing tenders (RFP, RFQ, and RFI).
- Project Management Office team members.
- Business/Information/Infrastructure/Software/Solution Architects.
- Business Analysts, System Analysts and Consultants.
E Management Services Corporation, Malaysia
- KL 2015.3.04-06
“Great team and valuable knowledge sharing.”
Lim Shan Chu
Software Developer, Visual Solutions Sdn Bhd, Malaysia
- KL 2015.5.13-15
“It opened my mind to not only focus on technology but bridge between business & technology.”
Sr Manager Business-IT Integration, National Development Bank PLC, Sri Lanka
- KL 2015.7.29-31
“Very satisfying & achieved learning objectives. Learned to perform my job in an organized & scientific manner.”
Lee Ju Wei
Managing Director, Techmaki Sdn Bhd, Malaysia
- KL 2015.7.29-31
“Very practical and informative – skillsets knowledge gained here can immediately be applied.”
Sr Exec – Planning, Petronas ICT Sdn Bhd, Malaysia
- KL 2015.9.01-03
“Very fruitful. Learned the use case method in detailing future IT request from users.”