Duration: 3 Days
Certification: Certificate of Fundamental Understanding in Aligning IT with Business.
Assessment: 20 multiple-choice questions + 4 objective questions in 60 minutes. The passing grade is 80%.
Business IT Architecture Fundamentals (BITAF), an Iasa foundation-level course, is one of our most popular, heavily-subscribed courses. The materials covered are based on Iasa’s IT Architecture Body of Knowledge (ITABoK) The ITABok is a public archive of IT Architecture best practices, skills and knowledge developed from the experience of individual and corporate members of Iasa, the world’s largest association of IT Architecture professionals.
In a nutshell, BITAF is akin to Enterprise Architecture for Dummies. Combining the best practices of Architecting Business with IT and Business Requirement Architecture, this course demonstrates the key benefits and strategic values of integrating IT Architecture into a business.
You will be armed with ready answers to such questions: Why do we do the things we do in Business Architecture? What are the benefits? How can IT minimise costs and maximise profits? How to communicate the right business requirements to engage the stakeholders?
A side note on the difference between BITAF and Architecture Core (AC):
Architecture Core (AC) is a more advanced course that takes a more in-depth look at the topics covered in BITAF. From our experience, it is not uncommon for students who skipped BITAF (especially those from a non-technical background) to struggle with certain concepts covered in AC training. Successful prior completion of BITAF is certain to smooth the passage through AC training and the CITA-F exam.
Financial aids are available for BITAF training at ATD Solution from the following agencies/organizations:
Singapore – CITREP+:
Eligibility: Must be a Singapore citizen. Covers up to 70% of course and exam fees, up to a maximum of S$2500. Click here for more details.
Malaysia – 1MalaysiaGRIP:
Eligibility: Must be a Malaysian citizen and gainfully employed by a company registered in Malaysia. Click here for more details.
In 3 days you will get well-acquainted with all the important concepts of Business IT integration. Learn their jargon, then fit in and work effectively with Business and IT teams.
Become savvy in Enterprise Architecture with the skill sets to:
- Perform IT Architecture Return on Investment (ITA-ROI) modelling on IT initiatives, which would allow stakeholders to identify, justify and convey positive technology values to the business.
- Maximise business values and profits and productivity with IT, and deliver strategic values to both business operations and stakeholders.
- Understand IT Architecture management structure and how it can be transformed into value-centric initiatives.
- Identify Business IT Architecture best practices that can be effectively adopted into current business practices.
- Match business needs and wants accurately using Business Requirement Architecture, a proven technique for both business and IT teams.
- Produce accurate Business Requirement artefacts for serving as a common communication platform for IT initiatives targeting multiple stakeholders from both business and IT teams.
WHO SHOULD ENROL?
This course requires no prior knowledge of Enterprise Architecture, so enrol in Business IT Architecture Fundamentals (BITAF) to satisfy your curiosity about Enterprise Architecture or to kick start a career in this field!
More specifically, BITAF is for those who are stakeholders in IT projects/initiatives from both IT and business sides. They include:
- All technology project stakeholders (IT and Business teams).
- Transformation Office team members.
- IT Consultants, Business Consultants.
- Those involved in preparing tenders (RFP, RFQ, and RFI).
- Project Management Office team members.
- Business/Information/Infrastructure/Software/Solution Architects.
- Business Analysts, System Analysts and Consultants.
For companies and individuals with in-house training needs with certification, we can organize classroom training sessions with customized dates & venues. Our instructors teach in English, but with the assistance of qualified translators, the training can be done in most languages. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
MASTER CLASS – ENTERPRISE ARCHITECTURE IN A NUTSHELL
If you are unconcerned with attaining certification, and would rather just be familiarised with Enterprise Architecture in day-to-day functions, ATD Solution offers a 1-day Master Class in a classroom setting—it is a high-impact, power-learning introduction to (or refresher of) key Enterprise Architecture concepts.
Note: This 1-day class is not an adequate preparation for passing the certification exam. Click here for more info.